London, England

Dear Friends,
I've been in London a couple days now and I think I've done more walking here then I have in the past three months. My first day was spent doing all the things that most tourists do. This included a walk thru Hyde Park, watching the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, having a true english breakfast (e.g. poached eggs, beans, ham, franks, & toast,) in Licester Square, a quick tour of St. Martin in the Fields, a momentary stop at Trafalgar Square which pays respect to one of my dad's favorite historical figure's, Admiral Lord Horatio Nelson (no relations of course), and then on to London Bridge, Big Ben, Parliament buildings, and Westminster Abbey. There is so much history here its hard to imagine all the changes this city has been thru ever since the Romans first built a fortication in 45AD .
As some of you probably already know, the serious part of my journey actually begins this Sunday. This is when I head to Tanzania to embark on a new adventure in my life.The thought of going to Africa first cropped up in my head a couple years ago but it wasn't until the opportunity presented itself several months ago that I decided that this was as good a time as any to go. There are many reasons why I'm going but the most important is I feel lucky to have had some of the opportunites I've had in my life and I'm hoping I can provide a similar opportunity for others much less fortunate then me.
I will do my best to keep you posted of my travels.

<< Home